lørdag den 28. april 2018

April blues

This year April has not lived up to the expectations! It feels like spring kept creeping two inches closer to then immediately jump several feet back. But with every day of sunshine and humane temperatures the trees visibly get closer to blooming. Here’s my early spring favorite tree - red maple:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
And I am torturing myself dreaming about having a garden (yes. It’s true. I think I am getting old😱). This next year will be the year where we have to save up $ like crazy to hopefully have enough for a down payment for a house next spring - assuming I will get a permanent position in the meantime...... And saving up money for a house while at the same time getting the oldest kid started in college. Well, that means even less $ to spend. And oh how I just loooooove saving money. But for the sake of our mental health and asset building for the future we need to get out of this apartment. So I try to keep my eyes on the goal without complaining too much. But I have to admit that grumpy could be my middle name these days.
Despite all this there are things that brighten up my day. This week I got these delivered:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
Teeny tiny sharps containers for collecting waste with diphtheria toxin on it. Aren’t they cute? And even better. I also got “toxic” stickers with skulls to put on them. Yay. I know I should not be this excited about it, but this is seriously a combo of many things I love: cool science, tiny things, and a touch of morbid decoration❤️
And the other day there was sufficient sunshine to sit in the courtyard at work and read.
And get the first sunburn of the year
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
So April has not been a complete disappointment after all. We will spend this last weekend of this month without spending any money. Fingers crossed on that one😬 It is the last day of the art exhibition put on by the seniors at school of art and design, where Ulrik will start this fall. So we will go and check it out and slowly get used to these events as we probably have many more to come. And Ulrik will do some freeway driving with his dad so he hopefully can get that darn drivers license done and dealt with this May - followed intensely by Teresa who is more than motivated to get her hands on one too.

Ingen kommentarer: