fredag den 18. maj 2018

what a week

am exhausted. This week has really gotten the best of me. Monday morning after a full weekend of swim meet volunteering was not exactly fun, but then it completely took off with work craziness Tuesday and Wednesday.Doing surgeries in mice? No problem. It is time consuming but I do it regularly now. Setting up a behavioral test I have never run before? Yep. Got it. Took some planning but went OK. Being responsible for lab meeting and planning to give a presentation on a subject I knew next to nothing about? Been there before. Done that before. But........ trying to do all 3 in the same 3 days? Aaaaaaaargh.
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
But my enthusiasm went up quite a bit when the professor happily agreed that of course I should go to the conference in Korea in the fall. Yay. I am stupidly excited as I have never been to Asia before. Even better - it is one of those type of conferences where there is a lot of free time in the middle of the day. This has really saved my week.
Besides working I have cooked dinners for obnoxious teens. “Seriously mom. We have nothing worth eating tonight!”. Well well well. That depends entirely upon who is in charge of the stove. The super boring dinner ended up being pineapple salsa, peanut crusted sweet potatoes, and pasta with a sauce of walnuts, breadcrumbs, parsley, and fennel seeds.
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
And I have been watching Luca sweating over a “make a book you read into a children’s book” assignment. He chose a Jack London book about dogs with some cruel upbringings. But since his task was to make it into a children’s book he made sure not to make it too inappropriate. So if any of you out there wonder how puppies get made......
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
The parent dogs just find them! So convenient, right?
And now I am more than ready for some quality time with a couch, a movie, and a glass of wine. Cheers

Ingen kommentarer: