søndag den 10. marts 2019

Home visit

This weekend was my first visit back to Michigan after moving and for the very first time in my life I was genuinely super excited about going to the Detroit airport. Sigh. You don’t always appreciate what you have until it is gone, right? First stop was the pool at Huron high school where the high school synchronized swim teams had their final meet of the season - the state meet. I didn’t see all of Teresa’s routines but made it in time for the very last one, and also got to see her team go second in the state. I am glad I made in time as my flight was delayed and as I arrived all the way down the other end in the looooooooong terminal:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
Ulrik also came home causing the poor dog to almost get a heart attack from confusion with both of us being gone for a long time and then suddenly arriving back home at the same time. He jumped on my lap, rushed over to jump on Ulrik, ran back to sit with me, and was completely confused.
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
And you may ask why Bailey is wearing a party hat? That’s because Kristian managed to plan a real surprise party for me Saturday night. I had NO clue. He did cook an awful lot of food Saturday, but I thought it was for feeding the family next week as the newest wonder in the Frikke household is a microwave. I have heard a lot about that darn microwave lately and in my mind it made perfect sense that he wanted to have food in freezer for next week.Nice job Henriette 🤦‍♀️Even Luca managed to keep it a secret! I hate to admit it but I might have cried a little bit when I saw everyone. But it was such a great night. And I got to talk to everyone and have plenty of cake and that ridiculously delicious raspberry brew, that I don’t even know where to get myself:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
So it is kind of a deflated feeling to be here in the airport again to go back to my new “home”. But it will only be a couple of weeks before the kids and Kristian have spring break and will drive over to visit me in Pennsylvania.

Ingen kommentarer: