fredag den 15. marts 2019

3 weeks in

The first 3 weeks of my new “semi charmed life” are over and things are slowly getting better. Work wise I start to have a little bit of an idea about what I will actually be doing. And I have been assigned my very first lab task where I will do things I have never done before such as doing siRNA knockdown in human adipocytes😬 but hey - you live you learn right? And I have people around that can teach me how to do it. But it stills feel weird to go back to this stage of knowing nothing and needing help with most things.
In the evenings I try to be better at reading books and getting my crossstitching done so I don’t just sit there and scroll through Instagram videos. Ahem. And there is definitely some progress:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
I am also finishing up my 4th and last book) book so I decided to celebrate Friday by ubering out to Barnes & Nobles to stock up on books. This was right next to - sort of - Montgomery mall. And there were sidewalks! Gasp! So I could walkthere😱 and spend a little time hanging out at the mall instead of sitting at home. I have to admit though that my ability to shop is just getting less and less. I hate to spend money on “things” (something that really got to me when our stuff in Denmark burned down. Things are just things and you might lose them). And also from an environmental perspective I just can’t justify all that waste. Seeing their use of plastic bags has started to make me feel sick.
Now I am back”home” with lit candles, a glass of redwine and a crazy thunderstorm outside. Kind of cozy actually:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
And my bed is waiting for me. Right here next to me in the living room! After having spent night after night gritting my teeth over the noise from the upstairs neighbors stomping and shouting and snoring like a truck (well, actually they are just walking and talking and breathing heavily when they sleep, but in these ridiculous cardboard buildings you just can’t tell the difference) I finally pulled my mattress into the living room. And now I can let out a big sigh of relief when I hear them getting ready to go to bed, instead of getting really stressed out. Yay me!
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.

Ingen kommentarer: