And one day we stumbled upon this - ehm - beaut (behind the dog)
It was big, it was green, and it was one of the best couches I have ever been sitting in. So we bought for 35$.
And then I started looking for fabrics thinking that maybe some day I would reupholster it.
It ended up being zebra:
And the fabric sat around for some days, that turned in to weeks and then months.But a few weeks ago I finally got started sewing the cushions and the mattress:
And then I waited a few more weeks, and at last I started tearing the old fabric off.Yikes. A thousand staples to be removed one at a time by hand and having our living room look like a nuclear war zone:
I am sure this couch was built by dwarfs deep within a mountain using iron wood and mithril staples and covered in fabric weaved by titanium thread.
But - one staple at a time - I got it done. And now it looks like this:
And I am super proud and brag about it to everyone I might bump into. And slowly even my hands have forgiven me and have started to be able to do regular tasks again without hurting......