torsdag den 1. december 2016

December greetings

Wow. It's December 1'st! How did that happen?

We are on the other side on a Thanksgiving that was exactly as "hibernaty" as we needed. I don't know what's up with us right now, but we really cannot get beyond curling up at home. Unless "we" are Teresa that is, as she is in full swing with high school level synchronized swimming. As I write she is slowly waddling from the bathroom to her bedroom after 1 hour intensive core training followed by a few hours in the pool. Yikes.

We did get some stuff done over the Thanksgiving break though. We have eaten a lot of really  nice food. I have come to grow quite fond of the side dishes for a turkey dinner such as sweet potato casserole, and green bean casserole, and stuffing. Yum. And the best thing is that it tastes even better as leftovers. Double yum.

Friday morning I was woken up at 5:30 AM by a very persistent 14 year old who wanted to go black Friday shopping in Briarwood Mall. I had checked online for a few days and had not really seen any deals that made me want to get up that early, but it turned out to be quite rewarding as we got ourselves a 100$ coupon for JC Pennys for free. But it was the hardest 100$ I have spent in quite some time, as the list of items we were NOT allowed to buy was very very long. Eventually I ended up getting some new sports clothes and Teresa got herself a pair of winter boots.

And also I found this at Macy's:
My new favorite perfume. I just knew i would like it before I even tried it on.

We have decorated for Christmas. Sort of...... Since we are not home over the holidays we didn't want to get a tree. But most of our Christmas stuff is ornaments. What to do? Well, I remembered that we had a leftover tomato cage from the summer. Et viola:

and we won't even have to vacuum dry pine needles in January!

Ulrik is still in full swing with his ceramics classes. One of the assignments is to  make a tea set (apparently they used to make Chinese "spirit houses" until at student complained that it was too religious! sigh). So tea sets it is. Here's Ulrik's version of a cup: A head turned upside down:

And yes - of course you pour out of the nose of the upside down teapot head ;-)

Teresa's creativity is mainly taking place with the help of makeup. I got to be the victim Friday night:
Interesting!






Ingen kommentarer: