søndag den 18. marts 2018

Countdown to NYC (and some pre-shopping)

One more week and it will be spring break. Yeah! And this year it is HIGHLY anticipated. Ulrik will go with his dad on the Japan trip we have promised him for 4 years and I will grab my preteen and 15 year old and fly off to NYC to spend the week with my sister. We have already made the deal that one of the days there I will take Teresa shopping and go to all of her favorite stores = uniqlo and anthropology. Which should not really be a hard ordeal in Manhattan......
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
I have to say though that the expectations of Teresa and my wallet might not entirely match up. And in order to avoid a meltdown in one or the other Teresa and I did some pre-shopping yesterday aka we went to Plato’s closet (a second hand clothing store that buys well maintained clothes and sells them again for profit). Sometimes you are lucky when you go and sometimes you are not, but yesterday we both really struck gold. I got myself a brand new (the 99$ price tags were still on) pair of GAP jeans and paid only 12$ and Teresa found the perfect spring combo for feet for those days where it is chilly but the sun is shining and you urge to wear something sandal like:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
And of course we bought a bunch of other stuff too and filled a large bag with jeans, tops, shoes, earrings, and a new wallet for Teresa for the whopping cost of 117$ total. I still can’t believe I refused to shop secondhand just a mere few years ago. And with the shopping pressure being vented quite a bit I think that the upcoming trip will be a bit more smooth and relaxed.
I also had to take Luca shopping as he has totally outgrown his sneakers. The kid eats like a horse and grows every day right now. I actually doubt that I will still be taller than him by his next birthday. Scary!!!!! Anyways, him and I did the fastest Target run in the history of mankind. We went in, located the men’s shoes, he tried one pair on. Really liked it but needed it a size bigger and then we were done (well mostly because they didn’t have any guiness. I looooooove guiness and it was Saint Patrick’s day yesterday but I had to make do with the cheap Aldi version of an Irish stout 😢).
And speaking of (almost) 13 year olds, we went to see the Middle school musical which was “13” this year. A highly entertaining and super awkward play about being 13 and manage to survive on a middle school in the middle of nowhere Indiana:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
Can’t wait to have one more 13 year old in the household........

Ingen kommentarer: