fredag den 22. december 2017

Driving south for Christmas

Once again we are not spending Christmas in Ann Arbor. We don’t have any family here and it is just too cold to hang around with nothing planned. And once again we are headed towards Charlotte in North Carolina - something we look tremendously forward to. Last night we made Edith’s famous little marzipan cakes. She was Kristian’s grandmother (and the aunt of Birgitte and Kate, that we are about to visit) and she made these for every occasion imaginable. We hope they will like them down there.
I had some terribly hectic work days Monday and Tuesday - those kind of days were the whole day is planned in 10 minute intervals and I got to wolf down my lunch in a secret hiding spot in the basement. All scientists kind of have those days once in a while. And I decided to book a haircut Thursday and take it easy. It is always a gamble getting my hair cut here, and this time I made sure to google pictures of what I liked:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
And what I really did NOT like:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
And it turns out that I am quite happy with my hair this time 👍🏻
While I was in the mall I encountered “the mall power walkers”! Yikes. Old ladies in tracksuits and sneakers carrying water bottles and a “Do not underestimate me. I WILL push you out of my way” look on their faces while they dragged their poor husbands through every nook and corner of the mall in high speed. I didn’t even know that this was a thing😳
And I decided to browse the stores a little bit. Who knows, maybe I could find a niceChristmas outfit. I found some awesome striped pants on sale relatively fast - that kind that you could match with literally any style or color of top. If you could find one in the right size that actually fit when tucked inside the pants that is........ and 3 hours later I left the mall completely deflated and with a somewhat “not what I hoped for but OK” top. Shopping is really not my thing anymore.
This morning Teresa and I went to get our nails done.
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
It is my first time ever with acrylics and even though the nail lady kept asking if I really wanted them that short, I still feel like they are super long and in the way.How do you peel potatoes with these things?
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
And now we are in the car. Somewhere in Ohio. After an intense battle between Teresa and the dog about who got to have the good seat. I had to drag him off the seat several times so Teresa could get in and every time he jumped right back in resulting in the two of them getting stuck in the door because they both tried to get through at the same time. LOL. Møghund! (Danish for brat dog).

Ingen kommentarer: