fredag den 5. maj 2017

Are you from Denmark too?

am back! For the first time since we moved to Michigan almost 3 years ago I have had the chance to visit Denmark. I am here on business as my professor is hosting a conference in Copenhagen and I have of course made sure to spend a few vacation days before and after. Honestly it feels very much needed to have a break from everything right The rest of the Frikke family has been quite jealous but are good at not showing it too much (while they come up with endless lists of candy I need to bring back......) and there were no tears in the airport - hrmpf . A very different scenario from when my sister leaves!
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
Here they carrying my stuff. Including the much dreaded poster tube. Bringing scientific posters on travel is a royal pain in the a.. and usually I print on fabric so I can fold it up and put it in my suitcase. But I have some pictures on there this time, that will just do better on glossy paper.
Sigh.
Here we are in the airport. Poster and I. Enjoying each other's company:
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
The flight was uneventful. As in really truly boringly uneventful since the entertainment system would not allow any movies to be played on any screen! Yikes. I had carefully picked out "captain fantastic" and "the girl on the train" from the long list of movies. And then - nothing!
But the most important part is that I arrived safely with no delays, and right now I am in Ørestaden, with the same wonderful friends that let us stay with them the very last days before we left for Michigan. Berit and I took a walk last night and she showed me how the part of Ørestaden, that was just grass and nature 3 years ago now is booming with new apartment buildings, hotels, schools and even a giant concert hall. And we also went to Ismageriet - the best ice cream store on Amager! They still had their lemon/licorice/white chocolate icecream❤️
But I just cannot get over the price range of everything here in Copenhagen! Do people grow money on trees?
Image. Double tap this image to view it full screen. Double tap and hold to show sharing options.
Also I keep getting super amazed that there are Danish people everywhere! I really have to restrain myself from not walking over and start conversations like "wow, are you really from Denmark too?". I guess that sentence will play in my head a lot over the next 10 days!

Ingen kommentarer: